Inès de la Fressange: some lessons to master the offbeat look à la Parisienne
Inès de La Fressange is a former French model, fashion designer and perfumer. She was born in Gassin, near Saint Tropez, on the 11th of August 1957.
Her look is considered d'aristo cool. She famously said - "If you don't feel comfortable in a plunging sweater, skin-tight jeans and killer heels, go home and change".
Here are her tips to perfect the offbeat look à la Parisienne.
- Wearing jeans with gem-encrusted sandals, not sneakers
- A pencil skirt with ballet flats, not heels;
- An evening dress with a straw handbag, not a gold clutch
- A chiffon print dress with battered biker boots, not brand-new ballet flats
- A stripe sweater with men's trousers, not a skirt
- A tuxedo jacket with sneakers, not femme fatale stilettos
- The perfect Parisienne never uses soap on her face or wears pink on her lips or goes out without makeup, even on weekends
- The secret to great style is to feel good in what you wear